Shrimp tacos. Fish tacos. Crab tacos. Any taco with a seafood filling is on the top of my list. I order them in restaurants often but have never actually made any at home. This was my first attempt and I was pleased with the results. This is a perfect summer meal.
There are several steps to making this recipe but I recommend taking the time to complete them all. The levels of flavor will not disappoint. There are three key recipes to put together these tacos: (1) cilantro lime slaw, (2) chipotle ranch sauce, and (3) paprika garlic shrimp. The combination is outstanding!
Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 8-12 soft flour tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 1 bag slaw mix or 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped cilantro, to taste
- Thaw shrimp. Clean and peel shrimp, if needed.
- For the chipotle ranch, simply whisk together ranch and chipotle sauce. Adjust the chipotle sauce according to your preference for heat.
- For the cilantro lime slaw, combine slaw mix/cabbage, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Cut one lime in half and add juice of the entire lime into your slaw. Toss the slaw ingredients together and add as much cilantro as your heart desires. Adjust honey to taste and set aside to marinate while you cook the shrimp.
- Slice the remaining lime into wedges for your tacos.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pat shrimp dry and add spice mix to both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sauté your shrimp. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes until shrimp become pink.
- Line your tortillas with shrimp and top with a hearty drizzle of sauce.
- Top with slaw and serve with lime wedges.