8 out of 10 Americans eat chicken wings. That is 80% of the population. A staggering 1.25 billion chicken wings will be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday. That amount of wings would circle the Grand Canyon 120 times! As you know, one of the most popular chicken wing varieties is spicy buffalo. People over the years have come up with many ways to use the taste of buffalo wings in other dishes. This dip is my favorite way to get the spice without the messy wing business. It’s always a big hit at parties and a staple on Super Bowl Sunday.
Of course you have free rein to make this as spicy as you like with the amount of hot sauce you add to the dish. I keep it milder than most. I want to taste the hot sauce but I don’t want it to set my mouth ablaze.
However you decide to make it, just add some Tostitos scoops or Fritos and you have an instant party!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup hot sauce or more to your taste
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 (10 oz) cans chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.