- Honey Brined Roasted Turkey with Gravy
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Garlic & Bacon
- Sweet Potato Balls
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Green Bean Casserole
- Kale Salad with Mandarin Oranges & Pomegranate Seeds
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs
- Yeast Rolls / Cornbread
- Stove Top Stuffing (This one is embarrassing to admit but the only kind of stuffing my kids like! They tell me I “fancy” it up too much when I make homemade stuffing.)
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
I failed to get a picture of all the dishes…just too much going on that day but here are a few that we did take:
Aside from the food aspect of Thanksgiving, my favorite part is the showing “thanks” tradition. Our family does this in a variety of ways but one of my favorites is a tablecloth we started writing on in 2011. Each person at dinner writes what they’re thankful for that year on the tablecloth and then we bring it back out the next year to continue the tradition. Everyone always has fun reading the notes and remembering special times we’ve shared. I love the entertaining portion of Thanksgiving and always try to include something special for the table setting. This year I pulled a few ideas from Pinterest and they were a big hit!
Even with the last minute notice we pulled off a great Thanksgiving celebration. I am grateful and blessed by family, food and fun!